SNAP food Benefits is a program which assist people in Texas with low income to buy the food they need for good health. By visiting www.yourTexasBenefits.com, families with low income can apply for SNAP food Benefits Online, provided they meet program rules.
SNAP food benefits are attached to the Lone Star Card and the card can be used just like a credit card at any store that accepts SNAP in United State.
What is SNAP?
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) which is formerly known as the Food Stamp Program, provides food purchasing assistance for low and no income people living in the United States.
www.yourTexasBenefits.com also provides nutrition assistance to over millions of eligible families or individuals with low-income and offers economic benefits to communities.
It is a federal aid program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, under the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS). Furthermore, benefits are distributed by each U.S. state’s Division of Social Services or Children and Family Services.
ALSO SEE: Access Florida Benefits
Below are table which gives a general idea of the amount of money (income) individuals or families can get and still be part of the program.
Step Guide To Apply for SNAP food Benefits at www.yourTexasBenefits.com
Before you proceed to apply, you must be ready to provide the following:
- Social Security number and birth date
- Citizenship or immigration status
- Amount of Money from jobs and other sources
- The value of cars and other property
- Costs you pay for bills.
Then, to apply for the benefits online, vist www.yourTexasBenefits.com
- On the homepage, click on the “Apply For new benefits” button.
- You need to create an online account to continue with your application. But if you have already created an account, you ca login with your login details (Username and Password) and proceed with your application.
- Provide all the required information during your application.
- Then follow the on-screen instruction to complete your application.
Still on www.yourTexasBenefits.com, you can also apply for the following types of programs.
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Medicare Savings Programs
- TANF cash help
- Women’s health services
- Long term care services.
If you need assistance when applying for benefits, call toll-free 2-1-1 or 1-877-541-7905. Once you pick a language, press 2. Staff can help you Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.