What is SNAP?Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) which is formerly known as the Food Stamp Program, provides food purchasing assistance for low and no income people living in the United States. www.yourTexasBenefits.com also provides nutrition assistance to over millions of eligible families or individuals with low-income and offers economic benefits to communities. It is a federal aid program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, under the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS). Furthermore, benefits are distributed by each U.S. state's Division of Social Services or Children and Family Services.
Below are table which gives a general idea of the amount of money (income) individuals or families can get and still be part of the program.
ALSO SEE: Access Florida Benefits
Step Guide To Apply for SNAP food Benefits at www.yourTexasBenefits.comBefore you proceed to apply, you must be ready to provide the following:
- Social Security number and birth date
- Citizenship or immigration status
- Amount of Money from jobs and other sources
- The value of cars and other property
- Costs you pay for bills.
- On the homepage, click on the "Apply For new benefits" button.
- You need to create an online account to continue with your application. But if you have already created an account, you ca login with your login details (Username and Password) and proceed with your application.
- Provide all the required information during your application.
- Then follow the on-screen instruction to complete your application.
- Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Medicare Savings Programs
- TANF cash help
- Women’s health services
- Long term care services.