Activate Watch OWN TV at start.watchown.tv/activate
Do you know that you can use smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming media player devices to stream all the entertainment and lifestyle programs of OWN? But first, you need to Activate Watch OWN TV at start.watchown.tv/activate on those devices.
OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) is an American pay-TV channel, which is jointly owned by Harpo Studios (minority) and Discovery, Inc (majority). The Oprah Winfrey Network was available to over 81 million pay-TV households in American in 2015. Also, the channel mainly telecasts programs targeting African American audiences.
Watch OWN allows you to stream all the great programs of OWN anytime, anywhere when you download the Watch OWN app on your devices. Then, visit the official activation page, start.watchown.tv/activate to stream unique content on Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Apple and Android devices, Chromecast, etc.
Compatible Devices for Watch OWN App
Once you activate Watch OWN on any of the below-streaming devices, you can watch your favorite Watch OWN TV shows. Here are some compatible devices
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Google Chromecast
To activate any of the above devices, simply sign in with your TV provider account, visit the official activation link, and complete the process.
How to Activate Watch OWN TV on Roku at start.watchown.tv/activate
Here are the process of activating the Watch OWN TV channel on your Roku.
- First, turn on your device.
- Go to the Roku Channel Store to find the OWN TV channel.
- Click on the “Add Channel” tab to get the app on the streaming device.
- Now, launch the app to receive a unique activation code on your TV screen.
- Visit start.watchown.tv/activate and enter the code in the required field.
- Click on the “ACTIVATE” button.
Once done, a “Congratulations” message will show on the screen, indicating that you have successfully activated the Watch OWN TV channel on Roku. So, therefore, you can now watch your favorite shows like Love Goals, Fix My Life, and many more Oprah Winfrey originals.
You can apply the same process when activating the OWN app on Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and other supported streaming devices.
Before you proceed, ensure that you have one of these cable TV providers if you want zero interruption while activating the channel.
- AT&T Uverse
- Dish Network
How to Watch OWN TV Content without a Pay-TV Provider
Should incase you don’t boast a pay-television provider and still want to stream the great content. Well, you can watch your favorite talk shows and episodes without a cable TV provider. But you must ensure the following live-TV streaming services.
- YouTube TV: Stream all the greatest OWN originals and shows without activating it through a pay-TV provider.
- AT&T TV Now: Make sure your package includes Ultimate, Extra, or Choice if you want OWN content.
- Philo: Philo is another live-TV streaming service that has WON video content for its customers.
Activate Watch OWN TV on Apple TV at start.watchown.tv/activate
The Oprah Winfrey Network TV app is available on Apple TV. Follow the below steps if you want to enjoy the series on the big TV screen.
- Switch on your Apple TV.
- Access the App Store using the remote.
- Type the keyword in the search bar and click on the “Get” button to download the app.
- Once downloaded, you need to launch it to generate a unique activation code on the TV screen.
- Save the code and access your laptop. Next, launch your favorite browser and navigate to start.watchown.tv/activate.
- Enter the code if prompted and click “ACTIVATE.”
Now your Apple TV is ready to stream all the Oprah Winfrey Network actions. Ensure before you start the activation process that both your device and computer should be connected to the same Internet connection.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I sign in to the Watch OWN app?
Simply sign in to the Watch OWN app using your TV provider’s username and password.
What is the subscription cost of the WATCH OWN app?
The OWN app is free to download. However, to watch most episodes, you need to log in using your TV provider’s credentials. In other words, you need a TV subscription.
OWN app activation code is not working. What can I do?
Some of the reasons why the code is not working
1. Make sure you activate the device within minutes after receiving the code. The code expires if you wait for a long.
2. Check your internet connection.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the app and get a new activation code.
What is the subscription cost for the OWN TV application?
The OWN TV app is free to download. However, to watch most of the content, you need to have a TV provider subscription.
How can I subscribe to the OWN channel newsletters?
Visit the official website at www.oprah.com and open the menu on the top corner. You will see an option ‘Subscribe to Newsletters’, click it, provide your email address, and complete the process.