Applicants can now begin to send their applications for the University of Melbourne scholarship 2023. The University of Melbourne doesn’t require the applicant to provide an English proficiency test score.
Australia scholarships for the University of Melbourne are now on a full roll. This is the perfect time for you to prepare your scholarship application documents in order for you to successfully submit your application for University Melbourne Scholarships.
Study free in Melbourne Australia
Melbourne has over the years been regarded as a place where world-class researcher chooses to study and also work. You will get the chance to study and work alongside talented peers and individuals, and you will be supervised by leading experts that are in your field.
The graduate school of this university offers graduate research programs in most disciplines, so you can actually choose to pursue your passion and develop your career.
English Language Requirement of University of Melbourne
The medium of instruction for all degree major is the English language at the University of Melbourne; this implies that the admission departments of Melbourne University usually check the English language proficiency test standards.
IELTS Requirements at the University of Melbourne: Optional
IELTS is an optional admission at the University of Melbourne. If the applicant holds Pearson PTE Academic tests, TOEFL, or TOEFL IBT (temporarily accepted). DET or other English language test are not accepted as the moment at the University of Melbourne.
Sponsoring Benefit of University of Melbourne Scholarship
Stipends and fee offset scholarship
- 100% fee remission and up to 110,000
- Full fee offset for at least 2 years for students that are undertaking a Master’s by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
- Living allowance of $31,200 per year prorate (2022 full time study rate) for up to two years for student that are undertaking a master’s by research degree or up to 3.5 years for students that are undertaking a doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and usually includes limited paid sick maternity and parenting leave.
- Relocation grants of about $2000 for students that are moving from states or territories other than Victoria or $3000 for student that is moving from outside Australia
- Overseas students Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students that require a student visa to study in Australia.
Detailed Funding Coverage of University of Melbourne Scholarship 2023
The benefits of this scholarship usually vary, the benefits that apply to your scholarship are usually specified in your scholarship offered and may most times include one or more of the benefits defined in this clause.
Stipend (Living Allowance):
- The yearly stipend rate for full-time students is usually stated in your membership offer.
- The yearly stipend rate for the part-time students is 50 percent of the full-time student rate.
- Stipends are usually paid fortnightly from the date of the scholarship.
SEE ALSO: Apply For Denmark Government Scholarships 2022 | Fully Funded Scholarships in Denmark
- A fee offset is a fee that is remission or exemption that helps in covering the course tuition fees for the maximum duration of the scholarship. Students that are enrolled beyond the end date of their scholarship may become liable for paying the remaining tuition fees.
Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC)
- Unless it is specified in your scholarship offer, the university will provide visa length OHSC single membership for the students that want a student Visa to study in Australia.
The university will either:
- Ensure that they arrange OSHC on the student’s behalf with the university’s preferred OSHC provider after they have accepted your course and scholarship offer, or…
- They’ll reimburse the cost upon provision of as receipts, that is if you have arranged for your own OSHC membership up to the scheduled value that is been used by the university preferred OSHC provider.
This university usually pays a relocation allowance to student who:
- Were living overseas or interstate at the time of applying for the scholarship.
- Student that haven’t studied at an institution in Victoria within a 12 month prior to applying for the scholarship and
- Student that have to relocate to Melbourne to commence their course of studies at the University of Melbourne.
The allowance is usually included in the first payment of the stipend, the value of the allowance is:
- $2,000 for a student that have relocated from the interstate or
- $3,000 for students that have relocated from outside Australia.
SEE ALSO: Scholarships in Poland without IELTS 2022 (Fully Funded) – Apply Now
- Thesis Allowance
- If you will have to lodge a hard copy of your thesis as a course completion requirement, the University will reimburse the cost related the production of a thesis (e.g. printing, binding upon presentation of receipts.
- Request for reimbursement are usually made within 6 month of the date of purchase.
- The maximum value of this allowance is:
$420 for a Master’s degree thesis
$840 for a doctoral degree thesis
Steps to Apply for the University of Melbourne Scholarship 2023
When you decide to apply for the graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne, you will need to choose your meet entry directly to the University of Melbourne.
If you are eligible, you will be automatically considered for the graduate research scholarship. You may be eligible for other scholarships and bursaries at the University of Melbourne, which require an application.
To help you go about this, we have outlined steps below:
Choose a degree, you can go ahead and choose the graduate research degree that you want to apply for, options include;
- Doctor of philosophy
- Doctorate by Research
- Master of Philosophy
- Master by Research
The next thing is to check if you meet the minimum eligibility to apply for a graduate research degree, this usually includes English language requirements and meeting the student visa conditions that is been set by the Department of home affairs.
To get more info about this scholarship, you can visit their official site.