Admission applications are now been invited by Ohio State University for their fully funded Ohio State University Scholarships for the class of 2023/2024. Ohio state university doesn’t require an IELTS exam for granting admissions to international students of non-English speaking countries if any approved IELTS alternative test certs is available to provide evidence of English language proficiency.
English Language Requirement of Ohio State University (OSU)
Ohio State University admission application from the applicants of Native English-Speaking countries is completely exempted from IELTS. Whereas, the students from non-native English countries are usually advised by OSU to submit proof of their English language proficiency. For this reason, IELTS of the least 6.5 bands are now been accepted by the OSU admission office. Whereas, if IELTS isn’t available then TOEFL or DET in some cases is accepted by the OSU admission office.
Why Ohio State University?
Studying in an international university can entail many overheads, which we usually tend to neglect while looking for universities to attend. You might be asking what sort of expenses? Well, they include the following; cost of food, travel expenditure, medical expenses, additional educational expenses, and of course, we’ll add the cost of living in a foreign country.
International students, most especially those that are studying in the United State of America usually don’t get the chance of saving because of these overheads. However, there are some states in the United State that have a comparatively lesser cost of living which allows the students to spend less and save more. Are you wondering which state we are talking about? You guessed right, Ohio, of course!
According to recent surveys, the international students that are studying and also living in Ohio usually tend to save 23% on their cost of living than those that are studying in Massachusetts and around 35% more than the international students that are studying and living in California.
Ohio State Acceptance Rate
This university has an acceptance rate of 15%, and it has a moderately demanding entrance process. As of 2021 the ranking of the Times Higher Education World University, this university was ranked as the United State of America’s most internationally oriented university.
Rejection rate at the OSU in 2022: 47%
The rejection rate at the Ohio State University is actually 46.3%, what this means is that, out of every 100 application that is been received by the office of admission at the Ohio State University, around 46 applications are usually rejected.
Academic Funding by the Ohio State University Scholarships
Ohio State University’s full and partially-funded scholarships are very famous when it comes to granting valuable yet applauding academic and financial coverage. This means that the student that is facing monetary challenges during their study trip in the USA can brace themselves to get the following exciting benefits:
- Funds for board room and books
- Unpaid internship
- Air fee travel packages
- Housing and living costs
- Free meals
- Scholarships Awards of high values
- Tuition fee waivers 100%, 50%, and 20%
- Research costs of up to $8,000 or more
- Thesis printing cost
Documents Required for Ohio State University Scholarships Application
While the application form is online, the candidate is required to attach the following:
- Copies of all their educational documentation or transcripts that show all your grades.
- All documents and records will have to be translated into English.
- Certificate of academic records.
- Research Proposal or a study plan.
- Letter of Motivation.
- Letter of intent
- Letter of Recommendation from professors of the previous college attended (2 original)
- Health certificate
- Scholarship Resume (CV) and a cover letter (optional)
Eligibility Requirements for Ohio State Scholarship 2023
Let go through the eligibility requirement for this scholarship:
- Applicants must not have American nationality and they must be in good health.
- Applicants must be between the age of 16 and 35 (the age limit has however been extended up to 45 years).
- A letter of recommendation.
During the online application process, applicants will be required to write a short statement of motivation that details their expectations and the reason they’re applying for the scholarship (this should be a minimum of 300 words).
Scholarship Available at Ohio State University (OSU) in 2023:
The Ohio State University (OSU) currently ranks as the fifth most expensive public university among all Ohio Universities, not only for international students but also for residents of Ohio.
Luckily enough, the university usually invests thousands of dollars each year in it’ students population, this is to ensure that they continue with their education without any financial burden. For nine out of the last ten years, the fresh entrants at the Ohio State University were usually awarded at least 100 National Merit Scholarship Awards.
And the good thing is that you can become of a scholar as well, as the Ohio State University is hosting a significant number of scholarship programs per year. Some of the most prominent ones from those OSU scholarships are outlined below:
- Entrance Fellow Program and Scholarship
- Morrill Scholarship Program (MSP)
- Land Grant Opportunity Scholarship for Ohio residents
- National Buckeye Scholarships for International Students
- Maximus, Provost and Trustees Scholarship
- Ohio State University Alumni Scholars Program
- OSU Scholarship for incoming freshmen in Bio Life sciences
- OSU Scholarship for incoming Freshman in Journalism and Media
- OSU Scholarship for incoming Freshman in the College of Education and Human Ecology
- OSU Scholarship for incoming Freshman in the College of Environment and Natural Resources
- John Glenn College of Public Affairs Undergraduate Scholarships
- The John and Anne Glenn Undergraduate Scholarships
- Lee E. Schauer Scholarship
- Jody Stowers Scholarships
Deadline for Ohio State University Spring intake Application Deadline: November 1st 2022
The due date to actually submit the admission application for Ohio State University Scholarship for spring intake is actually set for November 1st 2022. So be sure to complete the application document for OSU application and be ready for application submission.