ALSO SEE: How To Apply for ACCESS Florida BenefitsNOTE: The application process is authorized by the Office of Management and Budget under Control number 1660-0002 with an expiration of November 30, 2017. If you are applying for both home and business disaster assistance, complete one registration to cover both. If you are applying for multiple disasters, you will need to complete a registration for each disaster.
Requirements To Apply for FEMA AidThe following must be ready, before you proceed to apply. They inglude:
- Social Security Number (SSN). (The Social Security number is required for Identity Verification purposes)
- Financial information (Family's total gross household income at the time of the disaster).
- Contact Information (Address and phone number of damaged dwelling. And also, current mailing address and phone numbers where you can be contacted).
- Insurance Information. (Identify the types of insurance coverage you have).
- Pen and Paper. (To record Registration ID number).
- Electronic Funds Transfer/Direct Deposit Information. (If you are determined to be eligible for assistance and would prefer funds be transferred directly to your account, you must provide the following banking information: Institution name, Type of account, Routing and account number).
How to Apply for FEMA Aid at www.disasterassistance.govIf you are a disaster survivor, you may proceed to apply, once you are qualified for the federal assistance.
- Visit www.disasterassistance.gov
- Read and accept the Privacy Act Statement and declare that I am eligible. Then click Next.
- Kindly fill in the required information as required.
- Once done, submit your application and wait for response.