By visiting cricketwireless.com/activate you can easily Activate New Cricket Phone Service within a few minutes. As the process is very easy and straightforward, provided you follow the instruction guideline on this page.
Cricket Wireless, which was founded by Leap Wireless International, is an American wireless provider that provides wireless service to over 10 million subscribers.
However, it primarily competed against Verizon’s Visible and T-Mobile’s Metro as wireless service provider brands. But later AT&T acquired this service in March 2014.
Therefore, if you have recently purchased its cell phone service online or from a store, then you need to activate it online by visiting cricketwireless.com/activate. And before you proceed, you need to have your phone number and order number ready with you.
Steps Guide to Activate Cricket Service via cricketwireless.com/activate
Provided you recently purchased your device or SIM card directly from Cricket, whether in-store or online. Simply follow the below Cricket Service Activation steps to complete the process.
- To begin the activation process, ensure you insert your SIM card (check the steps below if you don’t know how to insert a SIM card).
- Be ready with your phone number and order number and use your computer or phone browser to open the online activation URL – cricketwireless.com/activate.
- You will see four stages for activation which include the following: Device Type, Purchase Location, Customer Type, and Order Information.
- Then kindly select your Device type: Apple, Android or Both.
- Now insert your SIM card into your device and click I’m Ready.
- Select Cricket and click Continue.
- As a new Cricket customer, select New Customer and press Continue.
- After that input your Order Number and Cricket Phone Number in the prompted field and click Activate.
- But if you are an existing Cricket customer, select Existing customer and press Continue.
- Once done, enter your Cricket username & password along with a four-digit Cricket Account PIN and press Activate.
- Upon successful completion, your newly purchased Cricket service will now be active.
How to Activate Your New Cricket Cell Phone Service (From Non-Cricket Retailer)
If you have purchased your new device or Cricket SIM from other platforms like Walmart, Amazon, or Target. Just follow the below steps to activate your Cricket service at cricketwireless.com/activate.
In order to proceed, you will be required to have the following
- SIM card
- Device or a Universal SIM card kit from the non-Cricket retailer
- A copy of your current wireless bill
- Payment details (credit or debit card, Service Payment Card, Cricket Refill Card, etc.)
- 4-digit PIN.
READ ALSO: How To Activate Watch OWN TV on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV
Then follow the below instructions to get started.
- Open your device browser and visit cricketwireless.com/join and click Continue.
- Choose your preferred language – English or Español.
- For new Cricket customers, select Yes, sign me up!
- Type in your device ID and SIM card number to activate your Cricket service.
- You can find the ICCID number (20 numbers long) on the larger card that comes with your SIM card.
- You can find the 15-digit IMEI number in your phone’s settings.
- Provide both numbers and click Continue.
- Next, select your plan, and press the Continue button. (Choose any optional add-on features if you want.)
- Now select Transfer Your Number or Get a Cricket Number, review your card, and click the Check out option.
- Enter your account details if you already have an account, or you can create one by entering the required information.
- Next, enter the payment information, such as billing address, payment method (Service Payment or Credit Card, or Cricket Refill Card), and confirm.
Steps to Insert a SIM Card?
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to insert a SIM card into your phone.
- Turn off your phone.
- Locate the SIM card slot.
- Now, you need to insert your SIM card.
Note: Different phone models have different SIM card slot locations. To see the SIM card slot, you need to remove the back panel and battery on some phones. Instead, iPhone users should look for the slide-out SIM tray, which should be on the side or top of the phone.