Individual and families with low income, provided they are eligible can apply for SNAP Benefits online. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is for households who are living in poor condition and can not be able to feed three square meal a day.
SNAP Benefits helps low-income households buy the food they need for a nutritionally adequate diet.
The program is managed by the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) of the United States Department of Agriculture. They provides low-income people and families with assistance to buy the food they need for good health.
Who Can Apply for SNAP Benefits?
Currently, households with low income can get SNAP benefits provided they are eligible. The most important factors which determine the amount of, and eligibility for, SNAP benefits include:
- Income and expenses
- The number of persons who live and eat together.
The application process is very simple. You can contact your local SNAP office, to apply for benefit or you find the local offices and State’s application using this national map.
Required Documents For SNAP Application
Before you proceed to apply, you must provide:
- Proof of your identity
- Proof of your residence
- Social Security numbers for all people on your application
- Other types of documents depending on your circumstances.
What You Can Do With SNAP Benefits
SNAP benefits can be used to buy:
- Any food or food product for human consumption,
- Seeds and plants for use in home gardens to produce food.
SEE ALSO: Family Dollar Job Application
SNAP benefits cannot be used to buy:
- Hot foods ready to eat
- Food intended to be heated in the store
- Lunch counter items or foods to be eaten in the store
- Vitamins or medicines
- Pet foods
- Any nonfood items (except seeds and plants)
- Alcoholic beverages
SANP benefits program is mainly for poor household, as it help to get them in good condition. Kindly use the comment box for more question about SANP Benefit application. Also remember to share this article to help inform your poor families with low income.