Who Can Apply for SNAP Benefits?Currently, households with low income can get SNAP benefits provided they are eligible. The most important factors which determine the amount of, and eligibility for, SNAP benefits include:
- Income and expenses
- The number of persons who live and eat together.
Required Documents For SNAP ApplicationBefore you proceed to apply, you must provide:
- Proof of your identity
- Proof of your residence
- Social Security numbers for all people on your application
- Other types of documents depending on your circumstances.
What You Can Do With SNAP BenefitsSNAP benefits can be used to buy:
- Any food or food product for human consumption,
- Seeds and plants for use in home gardens to produce food.
SEE ALSO: Family Dollar Job ApplicationSNAP benefits cannot be used to buy:
- Hot foods ready to eat
- Food intended to be heated in the store
- Lunch counter items or foods to be eaten in the store
- Vitamins or medicines
- Pet foods
- Any nonfood items (except seeds and plants)
- Alcoholic beverages